Want To Reach New, Hyperlocal Audiences With Your Stories?
Become a Patch News Partner
Do you have trustworthy information that your community needs to make informed decisions throughout the day? Through a news partnership with Patch, we can work together to make sure people know what’s happening in their community, when they need to know.
We know that the local news landscape is changing and that we have a strong platform from which we can assist other news organizations by providing additional exposure and revenue sharing. All of which requires no work on the part of the partner.
Patch at a Glance
- More than 1,200 Patch communities in 50 states
- 40 million unique visitors per month; more than 70 percent are return visitors
- 2.3 million active, engaged newsletter subscribers
- 3.5 million Facebook followers
- Revenue growth ~20 percent a year
Who’s Publishing on Patch
Over 200 partners, including:
- San Jose Spotlight
- The City
- Consumer Reports
- Texas Tribune
- Kaiser Health News
- CBS Local
- The Marshall Project
- Lake & McHenry County Scanner
- New Haven Independent
- Colorado Newsline
- Philadelphia Neighborhoods
How It Works
- Patch creates a user profile for your organization, guaranteeing that each article appears under your byline and includes multiple links back to your website. We also include a description of your organization at the bottom of each of your stories we pick up;
- Your stories are automatically ingested into our CMS and posted on the appropriate Patch sites by our staff. No work is required of you other than the great journalism you’re doing;
- Patch does everything we can to promote partner content on our websites, as well as in our newsletters and over social media platforms;
- Patch provides revenue sharing, which gives partners a payment for every page view their content receives on Patch. For nonprofit organizations, we provide a penny per page view;
- We also provide an analytics dashboard so you can track how your stories are performing on Patch.
Want to learn more?
Contact Jennifer Morrow, Editorial Coordinator, Patch Partnership Program: Jennifer.Morrow@patch.com